The Only Way is...
It has been an eventful year at The Wise Hippo so far and as we approach Christmas we receive the news of another TOWIE baby on the way, making that 7 Wise Hippo babies in total. A huge heartfelt thanks to these lovely ladies for helping us raise awareness of the importance of choosing the right education and the right teacher when preparing for birth.
Here's how the rest of the year has unfolded...
- We started the year off with a Christmas baby of course!
- We celebrated Wise Hippo teacher of the year - Tracey Sutton from Manchester
- We added more inspiring videos to our extensive video library
- We had a Wise Hippo Valentine's baby born of course!
- We were delighted to find out that Wise Hippo Daddy Danny Miller became King of the castle ( on ITV's Celebrity get me out of here) Great teaching Nicola Wilson from St Albans!
- We shared news and announcements of our Wise Hippo teachers across all our social media platforms.
- Tamara changed the Wise Hippo teacher training so that new teachers can now start training anytime that suits them and go at their own pace with plenty of support along the way.
- Tamara hosted ' March with midwives Hitchin' in support of the UK's maternity crisis. ( Next one is planned for Nov 20th 2022)
- The Wise Hippo won 'Best Pregnancy Business' in the Little Ankle Biters awards 2022
- The Wise Hippo sponsored World Hypnobirthing Day again ( March 21st every year)
- We sponsored Doula UK and provided them with a free training place for one lucky doula.
- Many new Wise Hippo teachers/midwives were trained by Tamara this year.
- Wise Hippo celebrity mum Sam Faiers ( from TOWIE) had another beautiful homebirth.
- We celebrated our 9th birthday by announcing our incredible birth outcome stats with a 17% home birth rate ( Nat av. 2.4%) and 98% of all Mother's reporting that they felt more confident after attending a Wise Hippo course.
- Tamara got recognised in the pool on holiday in Majorca by a Wise Hippo mum who said ' I know that voice from somewhere!'
- We celebrated another Wise Hippo celeb Dad - Ben from 'The Shires'. Great teaching Joan Mills from St Albans!
- We discovered a whole range of hippos at NEXT...we were most excited about that!
- We added downloadable/printable affirmations to The Wise Hippo HUB.
- We sponsored a real life hippo again. Her name is 'Relief' and she lives in the Turgwe river in Zimbabwe.
- We celebrated with Wise Hippo Dad Harry Kane who scored 250 goals for his club.
- We continued to support 'Ellie's gift' App for anyone affected by baby loss...produced by Wise Hippo Lucy Livesey.
- We were delighted to hear that celebrity Billie Faiers/Shepherd from ITV's The Family Diaries is again preparing with a Wise Hippo teacher. Great teaching Georgia Mathieu from Bishop's Stortford!
- We celebrated celebrity Wise Hippo mum Ferne McCann on her engagement.
- Tamara turned the big 50, her partner popped the question that night and they got married only 7 weeks later.
- Tamara launched her 'Wise Hippo Weekend Retreat' for busy expectant couples looking to get away for the weekend ( Hertford, Herts) and learn all in one weekend. For details and availability email email@example.com
- We are ever so close to announcing that The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme will soon be available in FRENCH....oolala!
- We continue to support and share this knowledge with parents around the world so that they can achieve the right birth on the day.
Now that seems like a pretty juicy 2022 list for us and we can't wait to do it all again in 2023. If you know someone pregnant please remember to spread the Wise word and direct them to the Wise Hippo teacher directory where they can find their closest teacher.
Remember to check back on us from time to time by either visiting our website or social media platforms and thank you for your continued support.
The Wise Hippo helps expectant parents achieve the right birth on the day - By sharing and teaching this life changing education to others we are empowering parents with tools for life...a priceless gift indeed!
Have a wonderful rest of the year and remember that your 'Cloak of protection' and 'Thought exchange' is always with you.
The Wise Hippo
PS: A Huge shout out to all our incredible Wise Hippo teachers who have all contributed to our amazing birth outcome stats this year. We are so grateful for the dedication and passion that you have for wanting to make birth better for all.