The right education will help you achieve the right birth on the day!
Maybe you have found the Wise Hippo or someone has suggested you look us up because you are feeling scared, anxious or possibly even petrified about birthing your baby.
It may even be possible that you’ve had a baby before and things didn’t go the way you wanted so you’re looking for another way.
Whatever the reason, we are so glad you have found us. You are about to embark on one of the most incredible days of your life.
Feeling confident and prepared is the key to achieving a successful and satisfied birth experience and this education will show you how to do that.
Imagine coming away from your birth experience with a positive birth story to share with others including your own child when the time comes.
The stories we share with our children shape their beliefs so by sharing birth in a positive way early in their lives will influence the way they too view pregnancy and birth.
This is what we stand for here at the Wise Hippo and it is what sets us apart from traditional Hypnobirthing Programmes. Focussing on having The Right Birth on the Day provides you with the opportunity to create a positive mind-set about birth, whilst building up your ability to make sure that everything that happens on the day (and beforehand ) is the right course of action for you to take.
Life isn’t always perfect and we will never promise that your birth will go a certain way we simply don’t have the crystal ball to do that. Life sometimes has the ability to throw us a curved ball from time to time doesn’t it?
It doesn’t matter how positively you focus on your birth, how much practice you do or how much you plan, sometimes things don’t go the way you hoped they would. The important thing is how you feel about your birth afterwards as the psychological effects of this can influence how you cope as a new mum and the relationships you have moving forward.
Yes, this education can absolutely help your chances of having the birth you wish. Yes, you will be making sure you enable your body and baby to work at their best if you learn how to be calm and relaxed and remain in control during labour.
Yes, you will have a better chance of staying in control of your birth if you plan ahead of time, practice regularly and know how to communicate what you want to happen in a useful way with your medical care givers.
It doesn’t stop the curved ball though.
However, and this is really important for you to take notice of, even when the curve balls turn up you can use the tools and techniques you’ve learnt to remain emotionally in control. You can make sure that you ask all of the right questions of your medical caregivers, so that you fully understand all of the decisions that you make, which means that you will be able to look back on your baby’s birth no matter how it turns out on the day and know it was right for you and your baby.
If this is all resonating with you then let’s dive a bit deeper now into what you will receive when you book onto a The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme with one of our dedicated teachers.
The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme is a structured course of sessions which means that no matter who your teacher is, you will know that you will receive a statistically proven programme.
The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme has been carefully crafted to ensure that no matter what your concerns are, what your hopes are and what your style of learning is, that it is right for you.
This is what you will learn in a Wise Hippo course
The way you choose to use what you learn is up to you. How you choose to practice is up to you, and no matter whether you are a mum to be who is absolutely petrified and looking for a way to alleviate that fear, or you are a mum who is really keen on a no-drugs, home, water birth, or something in between, you will find that The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme is adaptable to your needs and transferrable to any sort of birth.
The programme itself is normally run as 4 x 2.5 hours however some teachers prefer to teach it in 2 days. A longer course is preferred as it means the teacher will be able to more effectively follow your progression along the way. Longer courses are also a great way to meet others and establish friendships too.
Wise Hippo courses are fun and interactive making them a great way to learn new information and retain it. Teachers will show you videos of couples using the techniques in class and follow up on your progress throughout the course. A Wise Hippo course is a great way for you to dedicate time just for this purpose, away from the pressures of the outside world for a few hours. There is nothing more amazing than to witness an unprepared and anxious pregnant couple transform into confident, well informed and prepared parents to be. The right education is the key!
Class one is designed to open your mind to a different way of thinking and if your partner is sceptical somewhat then they will enjoy learning the science behind it all in this class. You and your birth partner will lay a great foundation upon which to grow in confidence.
- Bust any negative beliefs you may have about birth.
- Get comfortable with what we mean by hypnosis. There are no swinging watches and getting you to cluck like a chicken we promise.
- Familiarise yourself with the physiology of birth so you can connect with your body and let go of worrying about how it will work whilst birthing. You will be fascinated to find out why you are designed in a particular way.
- Understand how the mind interprets PAIN… so that you can learn how to manage and control it.
- Take charge of your thoughts so that you can enjoy your pregnancy and look forward to your birth, rather than feeling anxious and worried when it is a time for joy and happiness.
- The Media and how they can influence your thinking and those around you.
- Learn techniques to help calm your mind so that you become more positive.
- Avoid the negativity of others and learn techniques to avoid the negativity of others….The Cloak of protection will be a great tool for the rest of your life!
Learn how to become an expert in relaxation so that you can feel calm, relaxed and in control in the lead up to and during your baby’s birth. Class two will focus on the techniques that will help you stay calm and how your birth partner can support you with that. What does relaxation mean to you and how long does it take for you to really feel relaxed?
- Discover how to use your breath during labour to enable the birth cocktail of hormones to flow in just the right way.
- Learn how to distract your mind away from your body so that you can distance yourself from any pain.
- Set up useful anchors to relaxation that you can use any time you want any extra boost of those feel good hormones
- Feel confident in the fact that your partner is learning how to use all of these tools and techniques with you, so that they can help you use them on the day.
- More focus on relaxation and how to practice effectively
Class three is all about learning to connect with your emotions and bonding with your baby. You will need to take time to consider what is important to you when you are birth planning and know what options are available to you.
- Know how to connect emotionally and physically with your baby
- Where do you want to birth?
- What do you want your birthing environment to be like?
- Who do you want to be with you?
- How do you want to get labour started?
- These are the kinds of questions you will be exploring, so that you can plan for the birth you want.
- Experience a powerful FEAR RELEASE session so that you can look forward to your baby’s birth.
Bringing it all together so that you feel confident, ready and prepared for your very special day. Class four provides much information for your birth partner so that they can be the best support that they can be for you on the day. This class will help you both make informed decisions on the day. After all, you will only get one chance to birth your baby!
- The focus is on your birth partner so that they fully understand how you want them to support you on the day.
- Enjoy Soothing Strokes an incredibly simple form of light massage to stimulate your body’s natural pain relief.
- Use your B.R.A.I.N.S. to make sure that you have a structure way to ask questions if required.
- Explore the best Birthing Positions to support an easier more comfortable birth.
- Learn birth humming to help avoid unnecessary forced pushing for birth.
- Walk through your labour and birth from it getting started to holding your baby in your arms and how what you have been learning fits in with that.
- Bring all your learning together so that you fully prepared and ready to achieve the right birth on the day for you, your partner and your baby.